Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 15-March-2015

Previous versions of this bike here
CAD version of this bike here

 
 

All the parts are back from powdercoating, time for reassembly to begin! We started by working on the rear fender mount which needed some cleaning up.

 
 

After that was done I retapped all the threads in the frame and other powdercoated parts, removed the coating from the motormounts, and installed the swingarm and fork trees.

 
 

In the meantime my friend Ben at Ben's Metalshaping SHOP reshaped the top of the tank to remove the flat part around the gascap that every Sportster tank has and that always had annoyed me. Much better now! I made a matching rib for the rear fender and found a nice taillight for which I made a bracket. Now we just need to modify the gascap to fit the new shape, weld the ribs and the taillight bracket and the tins can be painted...

 
 

Previous