week we made some push-pull chain tensioners for the round swingarm,
this is how the brake setup will look. The four piston Tokico
calipers are the same ones that I have now, but the mounting
bracket will be all new in stainless steel.
versions of this bike here
CAD version of this
had the mounting brackets for the brake calipers watercut from
10 mm stainless directly from my CAD drawings, next step will
be CNC machining a 2 mm chamfer around all the edges and then
In the meantime I made a mounting tab for the brakerod using
a piece of scrap metal, a handsaw, a file and some sandpaper.
I filed a double radius to match the tab of the chainguard,
not everything has to be hightech and for some reason I really
enjoy doing it this way. The welding was done by Aad.
replaced the rear tire with a Metzeler ME 880 Marathon 150/90
B15, the previous tire was a Dunlop 150/80 which just looked
wrong. With the new tire mounted I tried a bunch of old rear
fenders I had in the barn. I liked the last one best so that
will be the starting point of my new rear fender.
tackwelded the rear fender to some pieces of angle iron and
filled up all the gaps with pieces of scrap sheetmetal. After
testfitting again I brought the whole thing to Aad who put some
REAL welds on it.
This is my plan for this
bike, for now...