Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 26-February-2022



 
 

Most of the bike has been reassembled after paint and polish, I am not going to show that yet, the premiere will be at the Choppershow in Norrtalje in Sweden. However we are still finding areas that can be improved, and the one we are taking care of now is the footrests. We had started with the stock forged footrests which gave a nice contrast with all the polished stainless, but we decided they still needed soomething...


 
 

We took a piece of stainless steel and gave that grooves to match the clutch and brakepedal we had made earlier, then bent the grooved plate under a handpress.


   

When testfitting on the bike we decided the angle was not right and there was barely enough metal to attach them, so we cut off the ends of the stock footrests and decided to remake those as well.

 
 

As usual one thing leads to another but we came up with a nice clean way to mount the stainless part on the new footrest-ends, and are now reshaping the new steel parts to look like forgings before welding them on. To be continued...

 
 

Previous