Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 25-December-2021



 
 

After breaking one of the forkshrouds while trying to straighten it, we decided to make a new set. This time they would be completely made from one piece without welding, so no risk of them deforming from the welding heat. They are also longer than the previous set and with a slightly different shape.


 
 

The mounting tabs were the tricky part ofcourse, but in the end it worked.


   

We also used a slightly bigger wall thickness so the lower fork tree had to be carefully trimmed for clearance.

 
 

It was a lot of work but in the end I think the new shrouds look better, onwards with the reassembly now! We are still aiming for Norrtelje to be the first show we will take it, fingers crossed that there will actually be a real show next year!

 
 

Previous