Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 26-March-2022



 
 

As the ends of the footrests did not have enough "body" to screw on the stainless tops, we made new ends from scratch. The stock ends were cut off and replced by these.


 
 

After some welding and grinding we sandblasted them and re-powdercoated them


   

Quite happy how these came out! We also made a new pointcover from a piece of scrap aluminum plate. The wood in the pics below is just so we could clamp it in the lathe without the jaws being in the way for shaping and polishing.

 
 

As usual one thing leads to another but we came up with a nice clean way to mount the stainless part on the new footrest-ends, and are now reshaping the new steel parts to look like forgings before welding them on. To be continued...

 
 

Previous