Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 1-July-2020


 
 
Another thing that we felt could do with an upgrade was the intake manifolds. Aad decided to make copies from stainless steel and bronze, and with a slightly cleaner shape while we were at it. The carbs themselves will also be getting some love.

 
 

We used the big URSUS CNC lathe to do the rough machining of the flanges and to cut the threads, then did the rest on the little manual Weiler lathe .

 
 
For the narrow bronze locknuts we had cut the inner threads using the CNC lathe, then screwed the bronze rings onto the old manifolds and scratch-marked them using the old nuts as a template.

 
 

Aad used the beltsander to make the hex shape and then the small Weiler lathe to chamfer the edges. Wait till you see these polished, to be continued! .


 
 

Previous