Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 18-November-2008


Now normally I never run a front fender, but since this bike needs to be approved to get papers I did not have much choice. I bought a used frontfender from a swapmeet and a "mounting kit" to put it on the smooth lower legs. I didn't much like the look of the mounting kit so I decided to modify it a bit. I found an old piece of a shovel in the scrap-iron that had the right thickness and used it to fill the holes in the stock fenderbracket.


I cut off the corners of the stock bracket and drilled new holes that matched the holes in the lower legs. After mounting the fender it looked like it could be slimmed down a bit more, so I cut off a bit more material, rattlecanned the whole thing in grey primer and put it back on the bike. Next jobs: rear chain and pipes...