We decided the wheels would get new spokes and powdercoated
rims, so we started with the rear wheel, which definitely needed
After removing the tire we had to measure the position of the
rim so that when the new stainless spokes are installed the wheel
will line up the same again. There are 2 different spoke lengths
in the rear wheel, so we carefully removed one of each to use
as a template and the rest we just cut out to save some time.
I took several pics of the spoke pattern before doing that ofcourse.
The rear hub has quite a nice shape and is something that we
wanted to keep. The only thing we changed was to radius all the
sharp corners and then Aad did his grinding and polishing magic.
The powdercoat fot the rims has been ordered so next week hopefully
we can do the rims!