Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 14-November-2019



 
 
I found a very annoying oilleak which turned out to be the mainseal on the sprocket shaft. Luckily this can be replaced from the outside, no need to remove the engine, let alone split the cases.

 
 
Once that was fixed I found another leak, this time it was the transmission... Oh well, I was planning to put a longer first gear in anyway so I took the transmission to Ronnie at Iron Pit and he gave it a complete overhaul including a needle bearing conversion, Andrews mainshaft and Andrews close-ratio gears.

 
 
Time to put it all back together. I decided to replace the support bearing as well, but this did not fit so well as I have a small offset in my transmission sprocket. I machined a few mm of material from the inside and made 2 spacers and all was well again. To be continued...

 
 

Previous