Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 21-May-2021



We adjusted the hydraulic clutch and made sure the clutchplates released evenly all around. Next on the list was to fix the leaking primary cover.


 
 
 
 

We started by making a replacement gasket, but after checking the primary cover on a flat surface we found that is was not flat at all. There was almost a mm gap so we used a resurfacing machine to create a perfectly flat surface. this same machine is used for resurfacing cylinder heads by the way. After that there was no more leaking!


 
 
 

I believe I already mentioned how incredibly loud this little bike is, those pretty trumpet pipes seem to work like amplifiers. The plan is to try to get some of the sharpness out of the exhaust tone and hopefully end up with something more pleasant, this will take some experimenting I guess. We started by making some curved baffles from a flat sheet of perforated steel.


 



Previous