I had a bunch of these balljoints or rod-ends or whatever
they are called, and thought maybe I could copy the inside geometry
of the "female" bit and use the "male" parts instead of the
oiltank mounting bolts.
Together with Aad we enthusiastically started making these in
stainless steel, but when I got back home and decided to make
a quick drawing of what we had made, I found out that we had
almost cut the part in half by machining the groove for the
Anyway, I did yet another design and made some prototypes in
aluminium as that was what I had lying around in the barn, and
this time they fit perfectly!
I guess this shows that making a drawing first would have been
a better idea, and if sometimes several versions are needed
to arrive at the best solution, no problem!