Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 26-March-2018


 
 
Continuing with the forks, we made a new stainless steel dust cover for the neck bearing from a piece of stainless plate. The weld was because the plate was just a tiny bit too small...


 
 
Next were the fork tube top caps. We started with M16 internal hex screws and welded these into bits of round stock, which were then machined into the new endcaps. We used a cardboard template to make sure both sides were the same, no CNC was used here.

 
 

Finally the neck cap was made, this one has internal threads and slots so that it ca be squeezed against the threads. Much better view for the rider now!

 
 
 


Previous