Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 11-September-2017


 
 
Still working on converting the Triumph to hydraulic clutch. We made a test version of the hydraulic piston and cylinder first to test if the piston travel was long enough. Good thing we did because it turned out that we needed a slightly smaller diameter piston.

 
 
After we had figured out the correct diameter for the piston we did the last welding (for the bleeder nipple) on the transmission cover, with the part mostly under water to prevent warping. Then we put the cover in the lathe, with a counterweight to reduce vibration, and machined the hydraulic cylinder
 
 
After all machining was done we cut off the rest of the aluminium bar that we had been using to mount the cover in the lathe, then it was time for grinding, sanding and polishing the outside of the cover.
 
 
No more ugly clutch cable coming out of the top of the transmission cover!

Previous