Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 19-07-2016

 
 

In the last installment we straightened and cleaned up the right footrest, this time we did the left side which was not only bent but also about 30 mm shorter.

 
 

Welding in a piece was quite easy, the tricky part was giving the new part of the footrest the same cast iron texture as the old part!


 

 

Next job, converting from rightside footshift to leftside handshift. We removed the tacho drive and slightly rerouted the oillines to create some space first.

 
 
 
The original shifter pedal was shortened and bent under the press, so that it will be tucked in as close to the transmission as possible. A tab was welded on from which the linkage will go towards the front downtube. We plan to do a quick and dirty mockup of the handshift first so that we can test it, then later a nice polished stainless steel version

Previous