Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 9-November-2015

 
   
We tapped the threads (M12) in the legs of the new handlbars and then Aad bent the top bar according to my drawing. Using the welding table we made a little welding jig and after tackwelding and test fitting on the bike, Aad TIG welded the pieces together. After that, a lot of grinding, sanding and polishing!

 
 
 

The left handlebar mounting hole in the top tree did not line up with the casting very well, so some extra material was welded on one side and some material removed on the other side to make sure the new handlebars would line up nicely with the top tree.

 
 
 
 
We made some custom mounting bolts by welding rings onto some stainless sockethead bolts and then reshaping the heads. The top tree was cleaned up with a rotating wirebrush to hide all traces of the welding and grinding.

Previous