| Somewhere in December
2011 we put this project aside because something else needed to
be done first..Well, another project came along and another one,
and before we knew it the project had been standing still for
almost 4 years. Now that Cadbike 1 is almost done we decided we
should start working on Aad's Triumph again. .............
| We dug up all the
parts and assembled them on the table. Wow, we had forgotten what
a cool little bike it was! After mocking up several combinations
we decided to use this "Tokyo Thug" gastank, but to
give it a bit more style we will remove the mounting tabs and
create an "invisible" rubbermount with a single bolt
through the tank and the stock Triumph cover to hide the bolt.
| After removing the
tabs we fixed the tank on the Bridgeport and drilled a big hole
in the top and a smaller hole in the bottom of the tank. We took
a piece of 40 mm steel and machined the insert that will be welded
in, to be continued...