Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 17-January-2010

 

Now that the frame was lined out on the jig table, we needed
to align the front and rear sprocket of the chain.

 

As the front sprocket is kind of difficult to reach , we made a measuring tool that just
touched the outside of the front sprocket. After moving the tool a few holes back
in the jig-table, we found that the rear sprocket was about a 1/2" out of alignment.

 

Some measuring showed us that the axle plates were too close together, so using a
jack from a car we carefully re-aligned the rear frame tubes until they were parallel.

 

Now we were only about 1/8" out of alignment, this can probably be fixed by a small
modification of the drumbrake....

To be continued..

Previous