Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 23-October-2019




The last time we were working on the throttle cables, creating the bit where one cable operates the 2 cables of the carbs. This week we started by making the 3 points where the throttle cables enter the top tube of the frame. We drilled the frame and then heated up the area around the hole and deformed the metal to create a nice angled entry point.


 
 

We made the throttle cables from new universal materials, re-using only the 3 brass cable adjusters which Aad repolished. The little cylindrical bits at the ends of the ineer cable were made on the lathe and hardsoldered in place with silver.

 
 
 
 





It was a bit of a puzzle but we managed to get all the new cables in place. As you can see it can be quite complicated to make something look simple!

 
 
 
 


Previous