started by removing my rear pipe and draining all the oil from
my old stainless steel oiltank, then mounted the new tank on
the existing top brackets. Not
an exact fit but good enough to use untill wintertime when I
plan to strip the whole bike anyway. I used some wire to pull
the tank back a little bit untill the fins ran parallel to the
rear exhaust pipe. I removed the old rear bracket and took measurements
for a new rear bracket. I tried a couple of different combinations
of new oilline fittings untill I was happy with the result.
It looks like the jockey shifter might hit the new oiltank so
that will need to be modified a little bit.
usual when you try to do something on a Sunday, I found that
i was missing some parts; one of the rubbermounts was missing
and my drainplug was the wrong size, so you will see the rest