Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 18-April-2006

My BMW Bobber, part 24
CAD version here

 
 

We finally found the time to weld on the scoop and the pivot points of the front brakeplate. Next is cleaning up the welds, drilling 2 large vent holes and installing stainless steel mesh behind the holes and the scoop.

 
 
 

The wheels are not back from the spoke guy yet, I decided not to order the Firestone tires but ordered Avon SM MK11's instead.

I had glassbeaded all the engine parts a few weeks ago and as a test I hung a spare engine cover outside in my backyard to see how it would handle the Dutch weather. Not good. I have now sent the same engine cover to an anodizing company to see how it will look when anodized. If that looks good I will anodize all the engine parts and have a durable weatherproof finish.


Previous