Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 6-March-2006

My BMW Bobber, part 20
CAD version here

 

While the wheelhubs are being machined I decided to modify a set of handlebars. I started with a stainless steel dragbar that was much too wide to my taste. I removed 3 inches from the center and 1.5 inches from each end. Each end was machined out to the correct diameter to fit a set of old reverse levers. Aad machined a hollow plug that slid into the 2 halves to add strength to the weld, and re-attached the two halves.

 
 

After the welds had been cleaned up I scotchbrited the bars and assembled them in my brass risers on my shortened Springer, using some red coloured Indian grips I found at a swapmeet this week.

 
 

Previous