Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 20-February-2006

My BMW Bobber, part 18
CAD version here

 

Well, sometimes things do not go as planned, we tried to reweld the scoop on the front brakeplate to get rid of all the pinholes in the welds, we got the material too hot and ended up with a distorted brakeplate. Time for plan B....

 
 

Since I had the whole thing in CAD anyway, we decided to build a new brakeplate from scratch. This time we will use an aluminum that is very good for machining and welding, and while we are at it make it a lot stronger than the original.

 
 

Next job will be building the wheels.


Previous