After discussing with Fred (Krugger) we decided
to use a hydraulic press to flatten the ends of the legs further.
They are amazingly strong by the way, we used a 50 ton press
and that had a hard time flattening the tube completely, we
ended up flattening about a quarter inch at a time. After we
had made the original flat part about 2 inches longer we cut
off the original ends of the legs ( 47 mm) and reshaped the
flattened ends to look like the original ends. Both legs are
now 47millimeters shorter and after I have cleaned up the remains
of the stock fendermounts I will assemble the forks in bare
metal for mockup.