Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 20-October-2009

The Shoptruck (3 years later..)

 
After completing the sliding door, I started on the leftside of the van. I cut out a huge piece of rusty sheetmetal and rustcoated the insides. Had to make a panel for the inner wheelwell, using a paper template. Actually this was an easier job than the sliding door.


 
 
 
Also had some spots where the paint was being pushed up by rust, I removed these pieces completely and replaced them with new sheetmetal. Again lots of small spotwelds, never letting one area get too hot.

   
 
The van has been re-tested for the APK and all the repairs have been approved. I just made an appointment with the painter, in 2 weeks it gets new paint!

 

Previous