Copyright WWW.DBBP.COM | updated 19 June-2007



Knucklehead project started May 2007,

Thanks to Knukkel at Oldskoolchoppers.nl
I was able to borrow a knucklehead engine for a while!
I will take it apart, measure and model all the parts in CAD,
and then put it back together again...

 
 

This week I started disassembling the front cylinderhead, quite a lot of parts compared to let's say a Shovelhead..
I expected that I would be able to remove the lower tins of the rockercovers after removing the valves but it turns out they are held in place by the valveguides.

 
 

The piece of aluminum in the pics is a fixture I made for measuring the head. More about that later. Re-assembling the valvesprings on the valves like in the picture is an old trick to keep the parts from getting mixed up or lost.

 


Previous